I played trivia with my sister and Robin last night. Tres fun! We didn’t dress up (Shit, i barely got my teeth brushed yesterday, much less take a shower and plan a costume!), but some people did and there were some funny costumes. The best one by far was the “Dick in a Box” guy. So funny.
I have been dying to go to trivia for weeks now, but haven’t been able to get anyone to go. I fear that they are lying to me when they say they have other plans, and in actuality, they are just afeared of my ridiculously competitive nature. (Think Monica on Friends.) Apparently, Lisa and Robin ran out of excuses. I also think i lured Robbie in with the fact that the horror-themed trivia would include multiple Rocky Horror Picture Show questions. Yes, she is one of those people.
My competitiveness does not mean, of course, that I rule at trivia, just that i like to feel like i gave my best shot at each and every question. Last night? That so didn’t happen. I even wore my Cramps Halloween shirt for good luck; We completely choked on some of the questions. We did not even place in the top three. It will not happen again.
I ran the questions by Todd when I got home, and it turns out that if Robin had made it on time (she missed the first round because of work) and Todd had gone with us, we would have done a lot better. Also if we didn’t have Friday the 13th killer name debacle. (Sorry, Lisa!)
So, here are the questions. The ones that Robin, Lisa and I managed to pull out of our asses. And a few that are so Mickey Mouse that the question writers should be ashamed. And the ones that we didn’t get are in bold. Do you know the answers? Googlers are cheaters, and cheaters never prosper. Kind of like those fuckers at the bar last night who were cheating. You know who you are, blond chick with the blue and white striped shirt. A curse on you, and the guy who gave you the answer, too.
- What year was the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre released?
- The Arthur Miller play based on the Salem Witch trials.
- Total number of movies in the Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm St series, including the combination movie, and any remakes.
- Birth name of the serial killer nicknamed “The Killer Clown.”
- What is the name of the pub in which Shaun and his friends holed up to escape Zombies in “Shaun of the Dead?” With Robin’s help, we would have come up with this one!
- In the Rocky Horror Picture Show, which two characters are brother and sister?
- What was the name of the sequel to Rocky Horror Picture Show?
- On South Park, what was mixed with Kenny’s embalming fluid to cause him to become a zombie?
- Name of the monster who prowls Mexico eating goats?
- In Evil Dead, what is the name of the book of the Dead?
- In the original Friday the 13th, who was the killer?
- Evil Poets: Who wrote “The Raven?”
- What are the three original Romero zombie films? (We only got two.)
- What beer would you use to kill a werewolf?
- What actors portrayed Marty Coleslaw and his uncle Red in Stephen King’s Silver Bullet?
- What were the vampire-killing brothers, one of whom was played by Corey Feldman, referred to as in The Lost Boys?
- What musician is credited with popularizing the “devil horns” rock n roll gesture?
- What 1922 film was the debut of the vampire on the big screen?
- Classic Arcade Games: What are the names of the four ghosts in the American version of the game PacMan? (We only got three.)
- The name of the English punk band whose ever-changing members included members named “Rat Scabies,” “Captain Sensible,” and “Urbana?” This one drove Robin and I crazy, because it was on the tip of our tongues.
- Ancient Celtic festival/ritual credited with being the original Halloween?
- What does Mexico’s Dia de los Muertos (sp?) mean?
- Number of bones in the male body? Bonus for naming the state in which this number is an area code.
- What is the only mammal naturally capable of flight?
- Final Question: Name the actors who played each of the following in The Rocky Horror Picture Show -
Have fun! I’ll post answers tomorrow.