Slow day here for me. We are getting ready to go to the beach, and I just don’t have much interesting to say about my little old life. I just want to escape it with a bigass margarita in hand.
I played trivia last night with some of The Creekers. Honorary Creeker, Camille was there, too. We are all heavier, balder, and grayer, but it is so comforting to be with people who have known you since before you quit wetting the bed. We used to play trivia together a lot more than we do now. I think we used to be better, too. We definitely used to drink more.
Anyway, Leelee was the big brain last night, but every decent trivia team knows that not only do you have to have people with vast trivial knowledge, but those people also have to be know-it-alls and push their right answers on the rest of the team. Lisa evidently still thinks that me and Ev are actually smart; I know good and well she has been there for much of my brain-cell-destroying activities, so Leelee, speak up. You were the smartest one there last night! Argue with us. We like it.
The first half of questions were easy peasy. We kinda tanked on the second half. Questions (paraphrased based on my patchy memory,) with answers to come tonight:
- On Family Feud, what did most respondents say is most often given to people in the hospital?
- What product uses the advertising phrase “Taste the Rainbow?”
- What movie did Tom Cruise have to learn Japanese sword-fighting and the Japanese language for?
- What major city does Logan airport serve?
- What sport did b-baller Joaquim (sp?) Noah’s father, Yannick, play?
- What hormone does the pancreas produce that lowers blood glucose levels?
- What talk show host is married to Marlo Thomas?
- What word, from the latin for “to entrust,” means to keep a jury in isolation?
- What jazz trumpeter was nicknamed “satchmo?”
- Halftime question:
- What four artists did the song, “That’s What Friends are For?”
- What Four Seasons song title came from a Clark Gable movie line?
- Which of the following is the Laker’s all-time top scorer? Kareem, Jerry West, or Magic Johnson?
- What branch of our military has a red stripe on their dress blues called a “blood line?”
- In the zodiac, what sign are you if you are born on Feb. 29th?
- On what continent is the Balkan peninsula?
- What ’92 movie had the tagline, “You’ll laugh, You’ll cry, You’ll Hurl?”
- What computer modeling program demo became famous after being featured on the tv show Ally McBeal?
- Which of the following had a number one hit in the UK with their song, “Cherish:” The Association, Kook and the Gang, or Madonna?
- Whose wife and daughter were killed in a plane crash, ironically, near Mt. Everest?
- Final Question:
- Of the ten top-grossing films of all time, which two are not sequels and do not have sequels?
Come on, smart people.